24 Sep

Bayern current squad better than 2013 treble heroes, says Neuer

first_img Neuer, along with David Alaba, Jerome Boateng and Thomas Muller, was one of four players remaining from their Wembley triumph over Borussia Dortmund who started Thursday’s 3-0 semi-final triumph against Lyon. Read Also: Bayern star Davis: I wanted Messi’s shirt but he was a little upset“Calm characterises him, especially before games like this,” Neuer said.“He prepared us very well for the games, no matter which opponent we played against.“We always have a plan. You can see the result on the pitch.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Bayern Munich current squad boost of more talent at their disposal compared to when they last ruled Europe in 2013, according to captain Manuel Neuer.Advertisement Loading… center_img Promoted Content6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?What Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldKendall Jenner’s Photos Have Never Looked This Good!Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldLil Nas X Is About To Beat A World Record!Look At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human Being Despite coughing up early chances to their Ligue 1 opponents, there was little doubt over the outcome after Serge Gnabry’s fabulous opener – the initial part of a first-half brace from the Germany winger.Robert Lewandowski, who played for Dortmund in the showpiece seven years ago, typically got in on the act with his 55th goal of the season, meaning only Paris Saint-Germain lie between Bayern and a sixth European title.Hansi Flick’s men collected the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal domestically and Neuer told reporters afterwards that this Bayern squad has greater depth than the group Jupp Heynckes led to a famous treble.“We are better positioned across the board,” he said.“Now we have a class that not only includes the 18-man squad, it is fantastic what a great team we have.”Such feats were impossible to envisage as Bayern struggled under Niko Kovac earlier this season.Since the appointment of former Germany assistant Flick, they have been a team revitalised.last_img read more

19 Sep

Tennis News This Australian Tennis player smashes two racquets, spits at an official in Cincinnati Masters

first_img Cincinnati: Controversial Australian star Nick Kyrgios was fined USD 113,000 after his explosive Cincinnati Masters meltdown which saw him smash two racquets, launch an abusive tirade at the chair umpire before appearing to spit at the official. The ATP said the massive sanction included individual fines for ball abuse, leaving the court without permission, an audible obscenity and unsportsmanlike conduct during his second round loss to Russia’s Karen Khachanov. Kyrgios, 24, was warned that he could also face another suspension from the sport once a full investigation has taken place. After the world number 27 lost 6-7 (3/7), 7-6 (7/4), 6-2 to Khachanov, he called umpire Fergus Murphy a “fuckin’ tool”, refused to shake his hand while spitting in the direction of the chair.  He had earlier been handed a time violation, docked a point and was warned again after leaving the court without permission at the end of the second set after which he was seen to destroy two racquets in the corridor. Kyrgios screamed at Murphy that he was the “worst umpire, hands down”. The various Kyrgios infractions included four fines of USD 20,000 each for unsportsmanlike conduct plus another USD 20,000 for verbal abuse.  “In addition to the on-site fines, the ATP is looking further into what happened during and immediately after the match to see if additional action is warranted,” said an ATP statement. “That could result in an additional fine and/or suspension.”   Kyrgios also had a run-in with Murphy at Queen’s Club in June after he accused a line judge of “match-rigging” and was given a code violation by the umpire. At the Italian Open in Rome on the eve of Roland Garros, he was disqualified and fined for throwing a chair on to court. He has also been at loggerheads with the world’s top two players, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal this year.  He accused Djokovic of trying too hard to be liked and blasted the Serb’s post-match “cup of love” celebrations as “cringeworthy”.  Djokovic, Nadal clashesAfter beating Nadal in Acapulco earlier this year, the Spaniard said the Australian “lacked respect”. The pair met in a bad-tempered Wimbledon second round match in which Kyrgios admitted deliberately spearing a forehand directly at Nadal.  “Why would I apologise? I mean, the dude has got how many slams, how much money in the bank account?” said Kyrgios after his four-set defeat. “I think he can take a ball to the chest, bro. I’m not going to apologise to him at all.”   For good measure, Kyrgios picked up a code violation for unsportsmanlike behaviour and described the umpire as a “disgrace”, claiming his handling of the Centre Court blockbuster as “pathetic” for failing to warn the Spaniard over what he claimed was his pedestrian pace of play.  In 2015, in one of his more notorious outbursts, Kyrgios was fined for making a sexually disparaging remark in Canada about the girlfriend of three-time major winner Stan Wawrinka. The following year, he was banned for eight weeks after being accused of not trying at the Shanghai Masters.  German legend Boris Becker said he was saddened by Kyrgios’s behaviour.  “Absolutely agree that spitting/foul language/tanking should be punished hard but we have dilemma since we want strong personalities lead the sport (Roger/Rafa/Nole),” the six-time Grand Slam title winner tweeted. “NK has the game/charisma/guts but not yet the clarity of thought/maybe never ….it’s a shame.” Nick Kyrgios was fined for making a sexually disparaging remark in Canada in 2015.Kyrgios was banned for eight weeks after being accused of not trying at the Shanghai Masters.Kyrgios was disqualified and fined for throwing a chair on to court. For all the Latest Sports News News, Tennis News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.center_img highlightslast_img read more

26 Aug

Rams’ Nickell Robey-Coleman received death threats after no-call in NFC championship

first_imgThis is starting to become more common than it should.Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman said he received death threats after he was not called for pass interference when he should have been in the final two minutes of the NFC championship game. Nickell Robey-Coleman says pass was tipped during controversial no-call play in Rams-Saints game Super Bowl 53: Nickell Robey-Coleman says Rams must ‘stick dagger’ in Patriots Robey-Coleman called the threats “weird,” but said he was never nervous about his or his family’s safety.center_img “I mean, it wasn’t anything that I really paid attention to,” he said, via ESPN. “I think it was just a fake page that was online by somebody that was probably bitter and didn’t like the call and they said something on Facebook or Instagram or something. But I ignored them and moved on.”The NFL admitted there should have been a foul called on the play, which ultimately forced New Orleans to kick a field goal, in those final two minutes of the fourth quarter. The Rams went on to tie the game and won it in overtime after the Saints turned the ball over on their first possession of the extra period. Related News “I didn’t worry about it that much,” he said. “Being in L.A., I’m pretty safe. I know my whereabouts and I feel like if I’m in a situation where I feel threatened or feel endangered, I’ll tell the organization.”Bears kicker Cody Parkey also said he received death threats after he missed the potentially game-winning field goal in Chicago’s wild-card round loss to the Eagles.The Rams will play the Patriots in Super Bowl 53 on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET in Atlanta. The game can be seen on CBS.last_img read more