Loading… Olarenwaju Kayode was on for 90 minutes as Gaziantep fell to a 1-0 loss at Alanyaspor in the Turkish Super Lig on Saturday. GFK have been without a win in their previous three matches and have not tasted victory on the road since December 21, 2019. The bad streak continued with Steven Caulker’s goal the difference this time.Advertisement Kayode prior to this match said his contribution to the team was most important even when he doesn’t score. In that regard, the Shakhtar Donetsk loanee had three shots, one successful dribble and missed two big chances to score. Read Also:Olanrewaju sees red, Mikel missing as Gaziantep fall at Trabzonspor Africans were well represented for both teams in this tie with Senegal’s Papy Djilobodji starting in defence for Gaziantep while Ghana international Patrick Twumasi and Malian midfielder Souleymane Diarra both came off the bench. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content6 Unforgettable Shows From The 90s That Need To Make A Comeback10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthThe Story Of The Small Italy Windows In The Walls Is Rather Grim2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?6 Best Natural History Museums In The World7 Train Stations In The World You Wish To Stay At Longer11 Movies That Changed The Way We Think Of CGI ForeverYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeJapanese Inventions That Make You Wish You Lived In JapanA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art
Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 were suspended indefinitely on March 13 due to the coronavirus pandemic, with France on a nationwide lockdown until at least May 11. A report in L’Equipe last week said organisers are considering restarting the top flight on June 3 or 17, with teams likely to have to play every three days to conclude the regular campaign by July 25 and leave time for promotion and relegation play-offs in early August. Such a hectic calendar would lead to a greater risk of players becoming injured and risk games becoming less entertaining for fans, according to Sylvain Kastendeuch, the co-president of the National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP). Kastendeuch instead suggests the priority should be on making plans to ensure the 2020-21 season takes place as normal, rather than rush through the completion of 2019-20. “It seems so obvious that we often forget it: without footballers, there is no football!” he wrote in Le Monde. “We must therefore take care of them and protect them from the risks to which they are exposed.Advertisement Promoted Content9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Netflix Shows Cancelled Because They Don’t Get The RatingsMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedMost Outstanding Female Racers Who Made History In SportsWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWe’re Getting More Game Of Thrones: Enter House Of The Dragon!6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth Professional footballers’ union in France has warned against resuming the Ligue 1 season because the busy schedule could put the health of players at risk. Loading… “The medical analysis carried out by the UNFP and FIFPro warns of the high physical risks in the event of matches being organised for every three days after such a long pause: increased fatigue, and a sixfold increase in the incidence of muscle injuries from the end of the second match, a drop in performance. “Should these risks be taken? The question deserves to be asked as it’s a real issue for the players, for their careers, for the industry as a whole and, above all, for the spectacle football can offer. Will it be able to meet expectations, especially in these difficult times? We have to think about it collectively. “The economic emergency must not take precedence over the importance of public health. Let us renounce resuming the championship under these conditions – a resumption that would be hasty and dangerous. “Let us arrange today the conditions for a successful and exemplary next season of this football we love so much. read also:There’s possibility Osimhen will leave Lille – Lopez “In order to allow our talents to continue to shine, it seems to me more reasonable, more just and more virtuous today to make the choice of reason, so that tomorrow we can again make the choice from the FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Williams’ defeat followed the shock exit by world number one Naomi Osaka a few hours earlier and leaves only three top-10 players in the women’s draw.Earlier in the day, defending champion Simona Halep enjoyed a straightforward 55-minute victory, beating Ukraine’s Lesia Tsurenko 6-2 6-1 to reach the last 16.World number 35 Kenin will play Australian eighth seed Ashleigh Barty in the fourth round, while Halep faces unseeded 18-year-old French Open debutant Iga Swiatek.Meanwhile Osaka says her French Open exit was “probably the best thing that could have happened” and that she was suffering headaches from the “stress” of being the top seed.Her bid for a third Grand Slam in a row ended with a 6-4 6-2 third-round defeat by unseeded Czech Katerina Siniakova.The US Open and Australian Open champion was playing in her first Grand Slam as world number one.“I feel like there has been a weight on me,” the Japanese 21-year-old said.“In this tournament I have had a feeling that was different to the other Grand Slam tournaments. Usually, I find it very freeing and fun but this time I was kind of tense the entire time.“I think I was overthinking this calendar Slam.”Osaka became the world’s leading player after following up her maiden Grand Slam win at September’s US Open with victory at the Australian Open in January.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Three-time champion Serena Williams was yesterday stunned in the French Open third round by unseeded American Sofia Kenin. Williams, 37, was seeded 10th but lost 6-2 7-5 to her 20-year-old compatriot, who was at times booed by the crowd.The defeat means Williams’ quest to equal Margaret Court’s record of 24 Grand Slam singles titles continues.“I’m so happy with this win – obviously you can tell with these emotions,” a crying Kenin told the crowd on Philippe Chatrier. “Playing against Serena, you have to fight for every point.”
GEORGE’S, Grenada, CMC – Prime Minister of Grenada Dr. Keith Mitchell is warning against lewd and indecent behavior as Grenada celebrates its annual Carnival that ends on August 13 with the traditional street jump-up.Mitchell, who is also National Security Minister, says indecent behavior will not be tolerated.Referring to images of indecency demonstrated at a recent regional Carnival, Mitchell said he would not want to see that type of behavior on display in Grenada, adding that although Carnival is a season of festivity, Grenada is still very much a Christian society.“Let our watchwords be clean, safe, healthy fun. Indecent and lewd behavior will not be tolerated and the officers of Royal Grenada Police Force will be vigilant and act quickly to remove persons who exhibit such behavior at public events,” he warned.“We must also be very conscious of the example we set for our children and grand-children. So let us enjoy ourselves this carnival season but let us do so in a clean, safe and healthy way.”According to the Criminal Code, Chapter 72A, Section 137 (32) of Volume 4, of the 2010 Revised Laws of Grenada, a person who is found guilty of indecent, disorderly or insulting behavior can be imprisoned for up to three months, face a fine of EC$1000 (One EC dollar=US$0.37 cents) or both.
0Shares0000Nicolas Anelka (C) watches the Ligue 1 match between Paris Saint-Germain and Lille in Paris on November 2. © AFP / FRANCK FIFECAMPHIN-EN-PEVELE, France, Nov 7 – Former Arsenal and France international Nicolas Anelka has taken a first step towards a potential coaching role after agreeing to advise Lille’s up-and-coming strikers.Anelka, 39, “will work at Lille’s youth academy advising the apprentices, in particular focusing on the work and specific role of strikers,” the club said in a statement. Lille president Gerard Lopez told AFP Anelka will “work with players ranging from 14 years old up to the reserve team”.Described as a future star of the France team when he made his professional debut with Paris Saint-Germain in 1996, Anelka went on to enjoy a globe-trotting career that took him from Arsenal to Mumbai via some of the biggest clubs in Europe including a stint at Real Madrid.After a return to PSG (2000-2002) he went on loan to Liverpool before joining Manchester City (2002-2005), Fenerbahce, Bolton and Chelsea, where he played his last meaningful campaigns in 2008-2012.At the 2010 World Cup in South Africa Anelka’s France career came to an abrupt and controversial end.He was handed an 18-match ban by the French Football Federation (FFF) after insults aimed at coach Raymond Domenech sparked the now infamous Knysna players’ strike.Anelka ended his playing career in 2015 after 13 games with Mumbai City in the Indian top flight, whom he also briefly coached.Lille coach Christophe Galtier said Anelka, now 39, was happy to cut his coaching teeth “out of the spotlight”.“Nicolas is really enthusiastic. He wants to stay out of the spotlight and bring some of his striking expertise and know-how to our young players,” said Galtier.“But for the moment he does not want to get involved with the professionals.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)