16 Dec

Mineola Man Shot Dead Outside Home

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 43-year-old man was shot and killed outside of his Mineola home after the shooter demanded money but fled the scene without stealing any from the victim over the weekend, Nassau County police said.Officers responding to a 911 call found the victim, Oscar Granados, suffering from a gunshot wound on Roslyn Road at 9:42 p.m. Sunday, police said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene outside of the home that he shared with his family.“Give me the money,” the victim’s brother overheard the suspect tell Granados during a struggle, Det. Capt. John Azzata, commander of the Homicide Squad, told reporters Monday during a news conference at police headquarters.Detectives are investigating whether the shooter’s motive may have been related to the victim’s gambling but would not say how much money the victim had on him at the time, Azzata said. He noted that there was no known gang involvement.“I believe that he was targeted,” Azzata said. “It’s going in that direction, but that could change.”Azzata said that detectives plan to interview the taxi cab driver that had dropped Granados off from a location in Hempstead moments before the shooting. Although there have been no arrests and there is no description of the suspect, the voice indicated that the shooter was a man, he added.Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information regarding this crime to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.  All callers will remain anonymouslast_img read more

23 Sep

COVID-19 measures have slowed down spread of virus- CAS Mwangangi

first_imgIn February, the President constituted the National Emergency and Response Committee that was mandated to provide policy directions on the response towards the COVID-19 outbreak.Also Read  Teachers to report back to school on MondayA team of rapid responders and contact tracers are on standby to investigate alerts and follow up contacts of confirmed cases.In order to increase the testing capacity, the country has 33 public and private laboratories in twelve counties. Also, three mobile laboratories have been set up in Maai Mahiu, Namanga and Malaba border points.Also Read  2/3rd gender headache: Maraga calls for dissolution of ParliamentDr Mwangangi said that the Ministry is also conducting targeted mass testing in identified hotspots in Nairobi and Mombasa.Through these efforts, the CAS said that a total of 353, 727 samples have been tested.Additionally, the Ministry introduced a mandatory screening of cargo vessels crew at all points of entry.This move was to minimize the importation of cases from countries affected by the virus.Cumulatively, 896,612 individuals have been screened at all points since January to 7th August 2020.Also Read  Women leaders welcome CJ’s decision to dissolve ParliamentTravel restrictions were introduced. A countrywide curfew was introduced in March and remains in force.To protect the health care workers, the Government has distributed 9283 complete Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to all 47 counties as well as national government facilities.“Distribution of additional PPEs is still ongoing,” said CAS Mwangangi.The Ministry of Health has so far documented over more than 28,000 positive cases including 460 fatalities.Total recoveries reported stands 15,100. The Government says mitigation mechanisms developed by the Health Ministry have significantly slowed down the spread of Coronavirus pandemic.  During the Covid-19 press briefing Thursday, Health Chief Administrative Secretary Dr Mercy Mwangangi said the measures taken were in line International Health Regulations of the World Health Organization to which Kenya is a signatory.In March, the Health Ministry introduced response measures mainly to stop the disease from entering the country. Through the Interior Ministry, security was heightened at the border points, health facilities and the communities across the country.Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153last_img read more

14 May

Operation Rodrigo: Barça would sign Bruno Fernandes and leave him on loan at Valencia

first_imgRodrigo Moreno has not trained today with Valencia in the previous Cup match. The striker who is at the Cugat clinic in Barcelona, ​​with Cillessen and Manu Vallejo, initially undergoes a review to check the condition of his knee with Dr. Cugat, who is an external doctor at Valencia, as Cope has confirmed. In fact, it was already there two weeks ago. This, first, implies that Rodrigo will not be on the list for the match against Cultural, which could have been his last game with the Valencia shirt.Rodrigo’s absence coincides with a key day in his future. Valencia and Barcelona will continue negotiating today for their transfer. Yesterday the agreement was not closed, although the parties settled down to speak today.Bruno Fernandes optionIn Rodrigo’s operation, the possibility of Barcelona signing to Bruno Fernandes (Sporting de Portugal), who was about to sign for Manchester United, and would automatically transfer it to Valencia, as published by ‘Superdeporte’. As AS has learned, the operation would not be for now, but from June. The idea is that Barcelona would sign him until 2025, but with an agreement to transfer it until the end of the 2020-21 season. And is that the club blaugrana, by issues of Financial fair play, I could not undertake the two operations in this winter market. The Alcacer option, also openValencia also prepares its offensive to hire Paco Alcacer. The striker, who is in Dortmund pending his return to Mestalla, is chosen by Valencia to reinforce his front. As AS reported, it was from the beginning of the market. Of course, the initial operation was thinking of June or, failing that, if Gameiro and Sobrino had left now in January. But Alcácer’s name has remained the first option as a result of the emergence of the option of Barcelona signing Rodrigo to replace Luis Suárez’s loss. Valencia knows that it has the OK of Alcácer, with which it would take “three minutes” to close his contract, although obviously the pitfall is in the claims of Borussia Dortmund. The Germanic club, little given to the assignments, would give the green light to the exit of Alcácer whenever it recovered the invested in its day, which would be around 25 million.last_img read more

26 Dec

DDTV: HOOPY NEW YEAR FOR CELTIC – WATCH LEDLEY’S WINNING GOAL AGAINST RANGERS

first_imgTHE ferries might be a bit slower because of the high winds, but the road home to Donegal tonight for the county’s legions of Celtic fans is a happy one after the 1-0 win over Rangers. So for all of them – and Hoops fans everywhere – here’s Joe Ledley’s goal again.Not bad for a 5′ 5″ footballer.Click to play>   DDTV: HOOPY NEW YEAR FOR CELTIC – WATCH LEDLEY’S WINNING GOAL AGAINST RANGERS was last modified: December 29th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Celticceltic 1 rangers 0DDTVRangersvideo of joe ledley goallast_img read more