23 Sep

Arrest warrant issued for driver from high speed chase

first_imgLawrenceburg, IN — Jeffery W. Fuqua, 34, of Louisville has been formally charged on allegations of Resisting Law Enforcement, Fleeing Resulting in Catastrophic Injury, Resisting Law Enforcement, Criminal Recklessness Resulting in Catastrophic Injury, and Theft. The charges stem from a high-speed chase that occurred on Monday, August 17th at 5:30 p.m. on US 50.On Monday, an on-duty Aurora Police officer was in the parking lot of Walmart. The officer observed a black, Chevrolet Impala driving recklessly in the parking lot. Shortly thereafter, the officer heard a county-wide dispatch that was placed concerning an alleged theft of bedding items from Walmart where the occupants were in a black, Chevrolet Impala. The officer observed a male driver and a female passenger in the Impala.Upon exiting the Walmart parking lot/US 50 intersection, the officer activated his lights and siren. Once this occurred, the driver of the Impala accelerated and a high-speed chase ensued with the Impala operating at speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour. An officer with the Lawrenceburg Police Department was able to stop eastbound traffic on US 50 near Short Street and placed a Stop Stick device in the roadway. The Impala, still driving at a high rate of speed, hit the Stop Stick, and then rear-ended an F-350 pickup truck which was pushed by the Impala before the Impala crashed into a grassy area behind Central Elementary. Emergency medical personnel responded and transported both the driver and the passenger of the Impala via air care to University Medical Center for treatment.A detective from the Aurora Police Department responded to the hospital to speak with the driver of the Impala. Initially, the driver identified himself as Jesse M. Fuqua and he stated that his passenger was his girlfriend, Jessica Carmon. Carmon sustained numerous injuries including numerous broken bones, collapsed lung, and a head injury. She remains in serious, but stable condition. In the course of the investigation, the detective learned that Fuqua had assumed the identity of his brother and that he was actually Jeffery W. Fuqua. Fuqua had an active parole violation warrant out for his arrest.last_img read more